Spring has officially arrived in the Grand Valley and along with it comes your annual spring cleaning. Usually we don't think of cleaning as fun, but we've dug up ten ways to help make it just a little more fun. Use these tips and the cleaning will hopefully fly by!
Listen as Robert and Dave put their own spin on these tips, or see a quick list of the ideas below.
- Make cleaning a game: This one especially works if you have kids. Get creative here!
- Use vodka: Did you know vodka is a great disinfectant and household cleaner? Plus a few Moscow Mules might make the cleaning a little easier to get through!
- Use cleaning as an excuse to go shopping: Cleaning out your closest of unworn clothes gives you an opportunity to go shopping as a reward!
- Listen to music, an audio book or podcast: This is a welcome distraction to the task at hand. Your cleaning will fly by!
- Plan a party or event: Use this as an incentive to get your house clean.
- Play chemist with your cleaning supplies: There are a ton of ways you can make all natural cleaning products and you'll have a little more fun doing it!
- Make your cleaning a workout: If getting some exercise is your motivation, why not use it to get you cleaning?
- Upcycle your old clutter: Give your old items new life! Old shirts into pillows, a coat of paint on old furniture, etc.
- Create your own rewards system: Do what you need to do! Whether it's chocolates, going to a movie or extra nap time, use this to motivate you!
- Build a campfire: A fun way to get rid of your hold documents!