Dave and Robert continue last week's show with more of Grandma's Secret Tips for Household Savings. Read the short list below and listen to the show for more details! See the tips from last week's show HERE.
- Research the problem before you hire someone to fix it. You might find out that it's super easy to fix on your own (and much more affordable!).
- Stock up the refrigerator. A full refrigerator is more efficient and will save you on energy costs.
- Get free stuff from your utility company! Give them a call and see if they have any energy rebates available or if they are giving away free LED bulbs, etc.
- Watch your Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI). Once your loan hits that 20% paid to owe ratio, you don't have to pay PMI anymore. Call your lender and make sure the insurance is taken off!
- Resist the urge to file petty insurance claims. Think about how much you are willing to pay out of pocket before you file a claim. Filing a claim could make your insurance rate rise.
- Shop around when hiring someone to do repairs. Make sure to get multiple quotes and choose the best price!
- Make sure to set-up yearly meetings with your insurance agent. Over time your insurance coverage needs will change. You don't want to be paying for coverage you don't need.