We are so excited that spring is here! Before you invite the friends over for endless barbecue and Moscow Mules remember that in the game of home ownership a pound of prevention could save you thousands in repair costs. We have a list of quick and easy maintenance tasks that will save you money in the long run. Read the short list below and listen to the show for all the details!
- Walk around your house and assess its condition. Look for damaged downspouts, cracked paint, missing shingles on the roof, etc.
- Check out your deck and make sure there's nothing that needs special attention. Look for wobbly posts, settling, missing flashing ledger boards, etc.
- Test and replace batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Check that your sprinklers and watering systems are working properly.
- Give your flower beds a fresh start with new flowers and fresh mulch.
- Tune up your lawn mower with new oil and filters.
- Make sure to clear your home's gutters of debris.
- Take a quick look in your crawl space and make sure there's no water inside.